The three photo above were not acceptable for my front cover as the models head is cut off meaning it would be hard to postion the masthead. My teacher told me they would be sutibale to use for a contents page image. She also said I had done well with the eyeline matches and quailty of the photos.
The photo above is the photo i chose to use for my front cover. I chose this because my models head is fully on the photo and the eyeline match is perfect. I also thought this was a better photo as the model is holding a guitar which in linking into the theme of music. I editing this photo on photo shop and zoomed in making it a more acceptbale image for my front cover. I was aware the image needed to be a mid-shot which is why i zoomed in and made my model bigger. You can see this on the 'working in my magazine' post.
I chose the image above for my double page spread. I thought this would be a good image as it can take up one side of the double page spread. Also the image has a eyeline match once again, and i thought it would be a good idea to have a pull quote on the fence behind the model where there is alot of blank space.
I used this image for my main contents page image. I based the colour scheme on my magazine on the colours on this image, the colours being dark red, black and dark purple. You can see this on my working on my magazine post.
I didnt use this on my contents page but i shared this image with the peers in my class and 3 of them used this as a contents page image.
I didnt use this image at all as I thought it was to negative having the word 'Hate' across the page to put in a professional magazine.
This is just an idea of what I could have as my masthead. I didnt choose i use this as my final piece.



Good images Jayne - just be careful you choose an image that is well composed (i.e not an image that cuts part of the top of the mode;'s head of for example)
ReplyDelete