Looking at magazines really helped me as I learnt where the masthead goes, the type of image which normally goes on the front cover, language used in sell lines and Colour schemes etc. I didn't realize the type of poses the models were doing reflected on the type of magazine it was until I looked through this power point. I learnt about the different style or fonts and the Primary and secondary Codes. Underneath are some of the magazines i looked at.
I could tell the target audience for this product by the text, colour scheme, pose of the model and content. The bright colours suggest a younger audience along with the pose of the model being very immature and childish. The main sell line 'your a star' connotes a younger audience as this isn't the type of thing you would say to an adult, and also links in with school as you could receive stars for good behaviour.
I could tell the target audience once again for this product by the colours and text. I found this magazine a lot harder to tell the target audience as although the model is wearing limited clothing her pose suggests other wise, and could be a woman's magazine to make them feel better about them selfs. I guessed this magazine is for both male and female as the sell lines talk about unisex subjects.
I could tell the target audience for this product automatically by the models pose and clothing. We know this magazine is for men as the model looks very seductive which will appeal to men. Also at the beginning one of the sell lines talks about tools which obviously is a male subject.



Could you discuss things like target audience (how you know who the target audience) and how the design/ layout language would appeal to that target audience.
ReplyDelete