I spent some time researching different magazine companies which have been sucsessful when publishing magazines. I also researched some sucsessful music magazines i knew off and found who which companies had published them. This is what i came up with.
Kerrang is published by Bauer Media Group
Top of the Pops is published by BBC Magazines
Vibe is published by Intermedia Parteners
Q is published by Bauer Media Group
NME is published by Bauer Media Group
I decided the most sucssessful magazines were all published by the same company so it would be a good idea to publish my magazine with them. I have chosen to publish my magazine with Bauer Media Group. I have chosen this because they don't produce a product like mine apart from NME and Kerrang which would mean they wouldn't be a large competition between the three products. The company already produces music magazines so i would be pretty confident that they would take on my product aswell.

Have you checked that they are the same socio-demographic group as would suit your target audience and that they don't already produce a similar magazine which would clash in the market place with your product?
ReplyDelete